Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What has been your most successful lesson where you have integrated technology so far? What made it successful? How would you modify it for the next time you use it? What are some other ways you are planning on integrating technology this year?

My most successful lesson is teaching DOL using the smartboard. Students are able to make corrections on the board. They can highlight information, make corrections to the text,and move information around to focus on specific parts of the lesson. I would like to integrate more work with editing longer pieces. However, because of the need to have the text large, to be viewed from the back of the room. It may not be possible to edit large chunks of material at a time. I would also like to project pages from a novel and work on margin annotations. However, the same problem exists. How to make an entire page visible considering the constraints of the technology.

1 comment:

  1. I have been pondering this issue myself. I was just commenting that I wished my smartboard was as large as my whiteboard. However, since I have to work within my limitations, I have tried doing these lessons as work station lessons. Therefore, I only have a few kids and can work with them before sending them on to another station. Might be an option.

    ReplyDelete